Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/sme21214/public_html/plugins/content/simplepopup/simplepopup.php on line 43
Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/sme21214/public_html/plugins/content/simplepopup/simplepopup.php on line 51
Smelly's Southern Creamy Blue Pesto Chicken
Serves : 3
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100ml white wine
- 100ml chicken stock
- 100ml cream
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 50g blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 100ml boiling water
- salt and pepper
Preparation:5min › Cook:40min › Ready in:45min
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Fry the chicken in the oil over a medium heat until browned. Set aside on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a small saucepan bring the wine and stock to boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced slightly. Add the cream, pesto and crumble the blue cheese into the saucepan. Simmer for a further 5 minutes. Mix the cornflour and boiling water to smooth paste and whisk into the sauce. Simmer until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs in a shallow baking dish. Pour the pesto and cheese sauce over the chicken. Cover with foil and bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for a further 10 minutes or until cooked.