What else to serve with cheese?
- Nuts like almonds help bring out the flavour and aroma of cheese. Toasted hazelnuts and walnuts work with cheese, and pecans go well with sweet cheeses.
- Olives compliment sheep and goats milk cheese. Experiment with dried fruits like raisins, figs, dates and berries.
- Chutneys work perfectly with cheddar and hard cheese, as does chevre and is simply delicious.
- Fruit pastes work well with any type of cheese, and are perfect for semi-hard sheeps cheeses
Apples with cheddar and pears with stilton are always a winner. Serve thin slices of prosciutto, ham and sweet or spicy salamis, especially with aged cheese like manchego or pecorino.
- If you choose to serve crackers, pick unsalted or lightly salted ones. Bread is a must, you can never go wrong with a baguette. Crusty sourdough with creamy soft ripened cheeses, and grain packed breads for cheddars and hard cheese.